Phones that are mounted outdoors, exposed to precipitation, condensation, vehicle exhaust, or corrosive atmosphere like salty air near the ocean, all need an extra measure of weather and corrosion resistance.
Our EWP (Enhanced Weather Protection) phones from Viking are designed with total reliability in mind…
- The connections at the push button switch, microphone, and LED are protected using a special non-corrosive sealant.
- A special microphone boot is used to shield it against water penetration.
- A mylar speaker is used with a foam rubber mounting gasket.
- Foam gasketing is also used behind the phone’s front panels to prevent water penetration.
- The entire board is encapsulated in a flexible urethane or thermoplastic material, leaving the internally sealed field adjustable components accessible. This special material allows the circuit board and its components to expand and contract, while maintaining weather resistance.
- To protect the tip and ring connections, connectors filled with anti-corrosive sealing gel are used.
Need reliable outdoor or emergency phones? Contact CTS today: 800.787.4848 or email@example.com.