If you’re looking for a solid business case to adopt new technology, the one for today’s video conferencing solutions is as close to a slam dunk as you are going to find…
- A ‘face-to-face’ meeting can be started with the tap of a button. Eliminate the downtime and expense of travel.
- Team meetings can be scheduled for times that work for all participants – regardless of their time zone – allowing everyone to engage at the top of their game.
- With a browser-based interface that includes both screen sharing and file sharing, anyone can bring up a file for all to see.
- Recaps and note-taking are much easier – simply rewind and review the meeting’s key points.
- Arranging a virtual meeting with clients doesn’t require much effort and the extra insights gained will pay off – ensuring you see, hear and understand what they are trying to communicate.
Adopt these best practices to improve the effectiveness of your virtual meetings…
- Make sure everyone is connected and able to see and hear before you start.
- Decide on visual cues like raising your hand to minimize interruptions and enable remote and onsite users to contribute without a lot of cross-talk.
- Take a few minutes to foster camaraderie. Ask people to share a fact that gives others a sense of their background. Get a quick read on the participants’ mood – ask how their day is going.
- Recommend that participants mute when they are not speaking to block out distracting background office noise.
Ready to put affordable video meeting solutions to work in your business? Contact CTS today: 800.787.4848 or firstname.lastname@example.org.