The use of digital services is rising dramatically. As a result, businesses must position themselves to offer customers an outstanding experience or risk losing their interest. To offer your customers the best experience, keep these points in mind:
- Increasingly, a customer’s interaction with a business occurs via digital channels – text, web chat, and social media.
- Social media usage is on the rise. Even people over 65 years old report that 10 percent of their communications is via social channels.
- Mobile applications have grown to become a top three choice for everyone under the age of 55.
- Among people over 35 years old, the smartphone is the most preferred communications channel for support.
- The availability of digital alternatives has changed both the types and the difficulty of questions being asked by customers when they communicate with a contact center and speak to an agent.
- Scheduling and monitoring complexity is multiplied with the addition of email, web chat, text messaging, and so on. Agents and supervisors need to be equipped with even better tools than in the past to handle multi-channel interactions.
- The Internet of Things (IoT) is ultimately about improving both self and assisted service. Customers increasingly want to self-serve, and IoT increases the ability of companies to provide improved, personalized self-service.
Let’s talk about new ways to leverage communications technology and improve your Customer Experience: (800) 787-4848 or firstname.lastname@example.org.