Mitel Delivers New Tools for Teams
Mitel recently announced a series of new tools and applications that seamlessly integrate Mitel’s enterprise-class telephony features with the MS Teams platform.
- Integrate your telephony system with Teams through Mitel’s Telephony-only client available in MiCollab and enjoy all the robust telephony features that Mitel offers.
- Mitel Assistant is available for free on the Microsoft app store and delivers Mitel softphone capabilities to Teams users’ desktops as a floating app. Mitel Assistant allows you to make and transfer calls, search directories, set speed dials, import contacts, activate 3-way conferencing, and more from your Teams screen.
- Mitel also offers presence integration between Teams and Mitel telephony users, allowing Teams users to see whether a colleague is on a PBX-based phone call – even if that colleague doesn’t have a Teams client.
Making Teams More of a Team Player
Microsoft Teams is great for many things, from video meetings to sharing documents. But many businesses still need high-quality telephony applications to run their business.
- Schools and universities, for example, rely on mass notification via mobile devices to protect students, staff, and parents during emergencies.
- Financial services companies must maintain inbound contact centers supporting call recording and other advanced telephony features.
- Retail businesses need to connect workers on the sales floor to customer service applications via telephone to help customers in real-time.
Let’s look at two industries to see how Mitel plus Microsoft Teams can help businesses run better.
- Healthcare – Consider a network of healthcare facilities. They use Teams for video collaboration between facilities, but what about emergencies where a doctor or nurse needs to respond when they’re not near a laptop? Telephony services can provide the critical link to life-saving answers in seconds.
- Hospitality – Hotels may use Teams for internal meetings or drive customer engagement, but telephones still play a critical role in their daily life. Guests rely on in-suite phone services to contact staff and receive messages. Cleaning staff can use those same phones to indicate when a room is clean and available for guests.
CTS and Mitel can help your organization improve teamwork in a hybrid world. Contact our Mitel + Teams experts today at 800.787.4848 or email@example.com.