Wi-Fi is already the primary connectivity method for billions of devices, users and things. Now the wireless technology has taken a giant leap with Wi-Fi 6, offering even higher performance to support your current and emerging business applications.
For starters, Wi-Fi 6 – also known as 802.11ax – delivers nearly 4 times the speed of the latest standard 802.11ac, or Wi-Fi 5, while offering efficient operation, tight security, ease of use, self-deployment, and long-term compatibility. It also provides a more reliable user experience in areas of high demand. Wi-Fi 6 leverages Wi-Fi’s popularity to support growing data requirements, streaming high-definition content, real-time monitoring, and mission critical business applications.
Advanced capabilities available in Wi-Fi 6 include:
- Sharing of channels to increase network efficiency and lower latency for both uplink and downlink traffic in high demand environments.
- Allowing more downlink data to be transferred at once and enabling an access point to transmit data to a larger number of devices concurrently.
- Offering wider channels to deliver greater performance with lower latency.
- Improving battery life in Wi-Fi devices, including IoT devices.
- Increasing throughput in Wi-Fi devices by encoding more data in the same amount of spectrum.
- Enabling higher data rates at a given range resulting in greater overall network capacity.
Wi-Fi 6 also delivers critical connectivity that supports cellular networks, leveraging high speeds, low latency, power efficiency, greater capacity, and enhanced coverage to deliver many advanced 5G services.
Ready to give your wireless network a boost? Contact CTS today: 800.787.4848 or firstname.lastname@example.org.