Under the concept of the “virtual desktop,” a range of devices – including laptops and tablets – can be used to access the data center from anywhere, allowing these popular mobile devices to take on the role of a typical office desktop. With the addition of Mitel Virtualized Voice, your virtual desktop can run voice applications too.
Here are a few reasons why virtual desktops make sense…
- Cost savings: Mobile devices cost less to deploy and consume a fraction of the energy of a desktop PC.
- Ease of management: Virtual desktops are easier to centrally patch and upgrade.
- Centralized backups: Everything is backed up centrally, which is easier on IT staff and data center operations.
- Regulatory compliance: Since all the data and applications are centralized, virtual desktops are easy to control and secure.
- Productivity gains: Eases implementation of telecommuting and remote working, which contributes to higher productivity, better morale, and lower office space expenses.
The Voice & IT Virtualization experts at Chesapeake can step you through the details… Contact us today at (800) 787-4848 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.